RedStone Flex PCB Laser Processing System
RedStone™ delivers a robust solution to through via and routing applications for a wide variety of flex manufacturing needs. With the same accuracy, sturdy frame, and software functionalities as ESI’s other flex drilling systems, RedStone offers an ideal entry point for customers new to flex drilling.
Rest assured that your RedStone system will stay productive with high uptime. RedStone shares over 90% of components in common with the flagship ESI Model 5335™ in high-volume 24/7 production at the world’s top 10 flex circuit manufacturers.
RedStone is the ideal system for processing applications that can be developed with large process windows. Large process window applications examples include through-cut routing, through via applications, larger blind vias on robust flex materials and removing easily-ablated materials from a durable substrate. Applications such as these can best utilize RedStone’s high accuracy, high throughput capabilities while ensuring high process yield.
Laser via drilling and precision laser micromachining
- Flex PCB Laser Processing
- Rigid-Flex Laser Processing
- Laser Micromachining
- Liquid Crystal Polymer (LCP)
- Adhesiveless copper-clad polyimide laminates
- Copper-clad polyimide laminates with adhesive
- Glass-reinforced laminates (e.g. FR-4, BT, RT Duroid)
- Coverlay (Polyimide + Adhesive)
- Through via drilling (THV)
- Flex and interconnect processing
- Blind via drilling (BHV)
- Coverlay routing
Easily address most flex and rigid-flex PCB processing needs
- Nanosecond UV – 20W
- Vacuum chuck - 533mm x 635mm (±20um accuracy)
- Electrical and software interface for web and panel handler integration
FEATURES & OPTIONS
Engineered for production-oriented flex PCB laser processing
- ESI-patented compound beam positioning technology
- Automated vision system for alignment and scaling compensation
- Easy-to-use Windows 10 interface
- Multi-language operator user interface
- Sophisticated process development functionality
- Comprehensive logging and diagnostics functionality
As the recognized leader in flex PCB processing, we have decades of applied expertise in laser via drilling and production-oriented Flex PCB laser processing. Learn more about our portfolio of laser via drilling systems and see how you can incorporate flex PCB laser processing to help address flex PCB manufacturing challenges.