Increase throughput up to 2X! Reduce overall processing costs by up to 30%.
As a part of ESI’s market-leading family of flex PCB processing systems, CapStone™ leverages ESI’s new laser technology, fluence control and beam positioning. This combination delivers the fastest blind via processing times in the industry and enables FPC processors to process a wider range of materials at high yields and high productivity with minimum process development and maximum uptime.
DynaClean™ CapStone’s blind via processing speeds are significantly higher due to the incorporation of ESI’s new DynaClean™ feature using ESI’s patented esiLens™ technology. In a single pass, DynaClean™ processes both copper opening and dielectric cleaning steps that previously required multiple passes. This eliminates unproductive feature-to-feature movement time and enables significantly faster throughput than the 5335 and other UV laser systems, while delivering the same quality of via formation.
AcceleDrill™ Building on the 5335’s Third Dynamics™, ESI’s latest evolution of beam positioning technology minimizes heat effects with up to and beyond 10m/s via drilling process velocities. As a part of ESI’s market-leading family of flex PCB processing systems, CapStone leverages ESI’s new laser technology, fluence control and beam positioning. This combination delivers the fastest blind via processing times in the industry and enables FPC processors to process a wider range of materials at high yields and high productivity with minimum process development and maximum uptime.
esiFlex™ Laser CapStone’s high-performance, custom-designed esiFlex™ Laser drives higher performance while minimizing processing costs.
Coming Soon - SPOT ONTM Feature Upgrade for flexible PCB processors operating in a high-volume, high-precision environment, SPOT ON enables them to leverage historical and real-time processing data to optimize throughput, improve quality, and minimize system downtime. Adding the SPOT ON feature to the CapStone system cuts per-panel processing cost over using CapStone alone. With its unique Z-Mapping capabilities. SPOT-ON extends focus accuracy and compensates for material or system fluctuations to maintain ideal focus positions.
- Expanded process monitoring for out-of-range processing
- Limit fluctuations across the work surface and maintain an ideal focal point
- Measure and correct at the workpiece
- CapStone significantly reduces the cost of ownership for the full spectrum of applications and pattern densities considered by leading flex circuit manufacturers.
- Improved service planning and troubleshooting
Get the CapStone Advantage:
- Cut processing time by up to and beyond 2x.
- Minimize heat-affected zones.
- Increase yields.
- Lower per-panel processing costs.
The leader in Flex PCB laser via drilling
- Flex PCB Laser Processing
- Rigid-Flex Laser Processing
- Blind via drilling (BHV)
- Through via drilling (THV)
- Coverlay routing
- Liquid Crystal Polymer (LCP)
- Adhesiveless copper-clad polyimide laminates
- Copper-clad polyimide laminates with adhesive
- Glass-reinforced laminates (e.g. FR-4, BT, RT Duroid)
- Coverlay (Polyimide + Adhesive)
High performance Flex PCB UV drilling
- esiFlex™ high PRF nsec UV
- Vacuum chuck - 533mm x 635mm (±15um accuracy)
- Electrical and software interface for web and panel handler integration
FEATURES & OPTIONS
Leverage new technology for higher quality and yield
- Acceledrill™ and Third Dynamics™ beam positioning
- Precision Pulse™ digital power control
- Automated vision system for alignment and scaling compensation
- Easy-to-use Windows 10 interface
- Multi-language operator user interface
- Sophisticated process development functionality
- Comprehensive logging and diagnostics functionality
As the recognized leader in flex PCB processing, we have decades of applied expertise in laser via drilling and production-oriented Flex PCB laser processing. Learn more about our portfolio of laser via drilling systems and see how you can incorporate flex PCB laser processing to help address flex PCB manufacturing challenges.
Let MKS help fuel your drive for innovation – contact an MKS Representative today.