Process a wide range of current and new materials.
The adoption of more fragile materials has presented semiconductor manufacturers with processing challenges related to maintaining high throughput at high accuracy while minimizing the risk of damage to the material — and thereby decreasing yields. Using ultrafast, high-pulse-rate laser technology, ESI’s laser processing systems enable semiconductor manufacturers to maintain higher yields while enjoying a lower total cost of ownership.
|This is another cell for the description|
Wafer Scribing / Grooving Solutions
ESI’s wafer scribing solutions employ ultrafast high-pulse-rate laser technology and ESI’s proprietary beam positioning. This combination effectively addresses the challenges associated with processing thinner and more fragile materials, helping maintain high die-break strength and minimizing heat-affected zones.
- Precise processing of thinner and more fragile materials.
- Limit the risk of damage to the underlying device.
Memory Repair Solutions
ESI continues to push boundaries with semiconductor laser fuse processing - memory repair. Our world-class production systems use precise laser energy in the production of next-generation devices for DRAM, SRAM, embedded memory and other laser-fuse applications.
- Repair costs below one half of one percent of overall die costs.
- Apply ultra-small spot size.
- Accuracy driven by state-of-the-art laser positioning.
Wafer Mark Solutions
WaferMark series laser systems from ESI are the recognized leaders for wafer marking applications. Our WaferMark solutions address the two most important reasons why you mark wafers and die — traceability and product identification.
- Unsurpassed mark quality with our hardmark and patented SuperSoftMark® processes.
- Improved traceability and product identification.
- Hard mark and soft mark options.
For industries facing material transformation challenges in production, ESI applies unique process and engineering expertise to deliver a set of laser-based solutions that extend our customers’ processing capabilities beyond the limitations of mechanical.