Model 3500A High Capacitance MLCC Tester
The Model 3500A performs high throughput production electrical testing of multi-layer ceramic capacitors (MLCC). The 3500A is designed to meet the set of challenges faced by MLCC manufacturers. With its high production throughput and flexibility, the 3500A allows customers to verify quality and ensure accurate specifications for MLCCs used in a variety of applications, in the manufacture of high-quality printed circuit boards used in nearly every type of electronic device. Although the 3500A can process up to 15,000 chips per minute, ESI’s advanced rotary handling technology minimizes the potential for damage to the chips as the result of testing is minimized, thus increasing yield.
The 3500A has the flexibility to test MLCCs from <1pF to 100µF, and provides process flexibility and maximum utilization to lower testing costs. Multiple tests are simultaneously performed on chips as small as 01005 (0402 metric) on using ESI’s patented rotary handler technology for continuous automation and reliable productivity.
High-volume testing without sacrificing yield.
- Mobile devices
- Internet of things devices
- Personal computers
- MLCC testing
High-volume high-accuracy testing of MLCCs.
FEATURES & OPTIONS
- 8-Track Design
- Exceptional throughput of 940K/hr (>15K/min)
- MLCC sizes 01005 to 0805 (metric 0404 to 2012)
- New precision motion control improves chip handling
- Programmable Contact Force
- Enables precise control for optimum yield and minimum termination marking
- Up to 25 Test Stations
- Up to 2.5 seconds IR soak time at maximum throughput
- Multiple IR tests and reverse polarity options Advanced High Cap IR Testing Features with new ESI 620/720 IR Instrument
- Up to 600V
- Software Selectable voltage polarity for IR Testing
- Arc detection
- Sorting by ratio of multiple tests
- Up to 250mA charge current
For industries facing material transformation challenges in production, ESI applies unique process and engineering expertise to deliver a set of laser-based solutions that extend our customers’ processing capabilities beyond the limitations of mechanical.