ISO 14001 is an international voluntary standard which defines the requirements for establishing and maintaining an Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Management System(MS). The goals for that system are set via management reviews which are held semi-annually.
The scope of ESI’s registration is “The environmental management system of Electro Scientific Industries associated with the design, manufacture and marketing of photonic and test equipment for the microtechnology industry at Portland OR USA and the site at Fremont CA USA which designs lasers and analytical systems”.
ESI believes that a proactive approach toward conserving and enhancing our environment benefits everyone and accidents are preventable. We are committed to providing the education and opportunity for employees to participate in the continuous improvement of our Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) management system.
ESI is committed to:
- Proactively protect the health and safety of all employees and customers and the environment in which we operate.
- Actively promote a healthy and safe work environment.
- Embrace and continuously improve methods that prevent, eliminate and reduce environmental hazards and waste.
- Meet or exceed all applicable EHS and product safety regulations and legislation.
- Build product safety into our product design and fulfillment processes.
- Adopt the most broadly embraced standard as the ESI minimum product compliance standard in the absence of customer or market specific requirements.
- Communicate our environmental and safety expectations and practices to employees, customers and suppliers to facilitate input and participation.